On Friday 5th April, during our weekly coffee morning, we listened to some helpful and supportive advice from Lydia Nixon, the Prevent Officer from Lambeth Council.
Lydia spoke to us about a range of issues, including:
- What is a ‘hate crime’ and how does this link to Islamaphobia?
- How to report hate crime
- How Lambeth Council is responding after the events in Christchurch, New Zealand
- How our parents could potentially become involved in working with the local authority to counter hate crime and far right extremism
In terms of Islamaphobia, in particular, we were told that there are 4 ways to report it:
- If it is an emergency use the 999 telephone number
- If it is not an emergency but you still wish to speak to police, use the 101 telephone number
- Report it locally using this form on the Lambeth website
- Use the ‘Tell Mama’ option by clicking on the green tab below
Below, as well as the ‘Tell Mama’ link, you will find some helpful leaflets that were shown during the morning.