Curriculum Newsletter Summer 1 Term 3~ 2019
Asslamulakum (wtb) Parents!
Ustahdas Saima & Alka welcome you to the summer term &
Ramadan Mubarak to all!
Insha’Allah the blessed month of Ramadan will begin soon and during the month of Ramadan, children will learn about the virtue of this month and will prepare for our special Ramadan assembly.
We will focus on the daily five prayers. The children will learn how many prayers are in a day, what these prayers are called and how to make ablution before every prayer.
Phonics: Children will continue learning phase 1 and 2 phonics through games and other fun activities. The children will practice reading CVC words and some simple sentences.
Math: Children will learn chanting numbers 1 to 20, counting quantities and will learn 2D and 3D shapes and their properties.
Literacy: We will focus on how to hold and care for books and we will learn that English is read from left right.
How You Can Help
- Visit your local library and read books about Ramadan.
- Talk about the Quran and how it was revealed in this month
- Talk about how our actions can make others feel (e.g. sad, happy, angry) and about using kind words and hands.
- Involve your child when you are preparing yourself for prayer. Teach them how to make wudu (ablution).
- Encourage your child to speak when they need help.
Children will recite Surah Faatiha, Surah Ikhlas, Naas and knowledge dua every day and will practice saying Salaams and Jazakallah to each other. Please encourage your child at home to practice these manners.
Please provide your child with the following items clearly labelled with their name (to help in returning lost items to their owners):
- Change of clothing in a bag ~ Some children do have accidents during the day, get wet from water play or cleaning up after painting, or falling down outside during play
Book Changing Once a Week
Please send the books back on their book changing day. Reading the text and talking about the pictures together helps them to learn new words and how stories are structured. Keep the homework books neat and support your child to complete their work.
We always need small boxes, tubes, yoghurt pots, small plastic bottles, ribbons and material for our junk modelling.
PE days: Tuesday (please dress your children with PE kit).
We would like to welcome our parents to come and read Ramadan stores in their mother language. Please talk to a member of nursery staff if you are interested.
Thank you for your support. Please feel free to talk to any one of us, if you have any problems or queries.
The Nursery Staff: Ustadhas Saima, Alka and Omar