Wednesday 3rd March 2021
RE: School reopening 8th March 2021
As you are aware, the government has announced that all schools will reopen to all pupils on Monday 8 March. We are looking forward to welcoming back our pupils to face-to-face education. School attendance will be mandatory and our usual rules on attendance will apply.
As a reminder, your child should self-isolate and not come to school if they:
- Have coronavirus symptoms or have tested positive
- Live with someone who has tested positive or is awaiting results
Our safety measures
We are doing everything we can to make sure our pupils can return to school safely. We are continuing to take the following protective measures to keep everyone safe:
You may drop your child off from 8.15 – 8.25. Please avoid parking outside of the school.
- Years 4, 5 and 6 should use the main gate.
- Years 1,2, and 3 should use the middle gate.
- Reception children will use their normal entrance
Home Time Arrangements:
Children who have no siblings will be collected from the middle gate at 3.10pm.
Children who have siblings will be collected from the main gate at the following times.
We expect all parents to follow the school system of lining up at the designated areas to collect their child. Please inform the school no later than 2 pm on the day if you wish to nominate someone to collect your child on your behalf.
- Eldest child in Year 6 Main Gate 3.15
- Eldest child in Year 5 Main Gate 3.20
- Eldest child in Year 4 Main Gate 3.25
- Eldest child in Year 3 New Middle Gate. 3.20
- Eldest child in Year 2 New Middle Gate 3.25
Rules on what pupils can take to and from school
- Children should only bring to school essential items like lunch boxes, reading books and a water bottle.
How we are keeping pupils safe in school:
- Hand sanitizers placed around the school.
- Children are kept in their class bubbles.
- Children have separate playtimes and play areas.
- One-way systems in corridors.
Lockdown has been a challenging period for all of us and we’d like to thank you for your continuing support during this difficult and uncertain time. If you or your child have any concerns about returning to school, or if you think your child may need extra support when they return, please get in touch with email@example.com.
Iqra VA Primary School