Learning this term
This term, the topic will be ‘The Jungle’. The topic will cover all seven areas of learning required in the EYFS curriculum: Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Communication and Language, Reading and Writing, Expressive Arts and Design, Mathematics and Understanding of the World.
The core book for this half-term will be ‘The Selfish Crocodile’ by Faustin Charles. The themes of this book are friendship and forgiveness
Children will interact with the book through games relating to the story, making their own jungle habitats, and role play as the characters from the story. They will use the experiences of the characters to talk about bravery and exploration, and how to work with friends to reach your full potential.
The children will have access to a variety of fiction and nonfiction books which will allow them to engage in further conversations about themselves.
How You Can Help
- Bring in any stories or books related to our topic that we can share in class.
- Go to the library with your child and read stories related to the topic.
- Talk to your children about what they know about wildlife.
- Teach your children the names of some of the animals.
- Take them on adventures to new places.
- Please ensure your child arrives promptly at school everyday, gates open at 8.20.
- Dismissal for EYFS is 3.20, please ensure you are on time to collect your child.
- Children must bring in their school bags everyday.
- Correct school uniform will be checked on a daily basis, please ensure your child is in school wearing the correct school/PE uniform.
- Please do not send your child wearing shoes with laces, this may cause an accident.
Children will recite Surah Fatiha every day and will be trained in basic Islamic etiquettes, for example greeting one another with Salaam, saying Jazakhallah khair, reading duas before eating/entering the toilets.
Please send the borrowed books back regularly so your child can take a new book home. Reading records must be signed in order for your child to receive a new reading book on Friday. Homework is handed out every Friday and should be returned by Tuesday.
We always need small boxes, tubes, yoghurt pots, small plastic bottles, ribbons and material for our junk modeling. Please bring in anything you can find at home.
Your child is outdoors during the day, whatever the weather. They will need to have a waterproof coat with a hood available every day.
Some children do have accidents during the day and we sometimes need to change their clothes. Please have a complete change of clothes in school in a named bag.
We are looking forward to working with you and your child in this term. Thank you for your support. Please feel free to talk to any one of us, if you have any problems or queries.
– Jazakha’Allah khayrun.