Iqra students recently took center stage at the Citizen’s UK event hosted at Kings College, passionately advocating for the health needs of the South London community. The event served as a crucial platform to bring attention to these issues, drawing the focus of key decision-makers in London.

Hafsa, one of our young leaders, took charge by introducing the speakers and eloquently expressing the significance of health in her life. In her inspiring words, she conveyed, “Health is like the superhero inside me, giving me the strength to dream big, the energy to play, and the power to turn every challenge into a victory. When I’m healthy, I can be anything I want to be. Give me health, and you’ve given me a life!” Hafsa then engaged the guest speakers, asking them to introduce themselves to the audience.

Following this impactful introduction, the Iqra Choir, with their melodious voices, performed “Allahi Allah kiya karo” to an audience of 500. Their soulful rendition added a captivating cultural touch to the event, leaving a lasting impression on everyone present.

We extend our heartfelt gratitude to the incredible parents who continually support their children’s involvement in such meaningful community events. The strength of Iqra lies in the unwavering support provided by parents, fostering a sense of community engagement and empowerment among our students. Together, we stand united in advocating for the health and well-being of our South London community.