Assalamu’alaikum and welcome to all Year 1 children and parents for this academic year!
As salamu alaikum Parents and children!
Out of Reception and into Year 1.
After being trapped indoors for much of this Spring term (so far) with blustery winds and heavy showers year one are remembering all the fun they had outdoors over the summer… a whole week of outdoor learning in the sunshine… (the whole class including staff sigh).
On the plus side we have learnt the Du’aa for when it rains!
اللَّهمَّ صَيِّبا ً نَافِعا.ً
‘O Allah, may it be a beneficial rain cloud.’
Year 1 Staff
Assalamualikum, my name is Ustadah Ammana Yousef, I have been teaching for seven years, five years in Early Years and two in KS1. I am looking forward to working in Year One this year inshaAllah.
Ustadha Bourke joined us in September and has been a key part of KS1. Enthusiastic, vibrant and ready with a smile, Ustadha Bourke is the class teacher for Year 1 on Thursdays and Fridays.
Ustadha Hassan worked as a teaching assistant in year two last year and is now currently in year one. She helps out everyday with all aspects of the children’s learning and welfare.
Please let us know if you have any concerns or questions.
What are we learning this Spring?Literacy This half term in literacy we will be focusing on poetry, our core book book for the term will be 'Beegu! A picture book about an alien lost an alien host. History Alhamdullilah this half term in History year one will be...
Year 1 this term have been developing their skills in drawing, using tone and shading. They started off by looking at the work of the artist Henri Rousseau. They focused on using tones of green to shade a leaf, they then moved on to creating their own...
In DT we have been learning about mechanisms. We have made some moving pictures based on traditional tales.
What can you do to Help?
- Encourage the children to become more independent.
- Please label all items of clothing and book bags.
- Make sure that you check that the children have taken their homework and that they return it.
- Involve your child in real world maths by talking about how much something costs or how many you have. The children will benefit from it in class.
- Please provide your child with a water bottle.
- Please ensure the children start the day with a healthy breakfast.
- English – Narrative, Non-fiction and poetry
- Maths – Counting, addition and subtraction, positions and shapes and patterns
- Science – Identifying Materials
- Computing – E Safety
- Geography – Hot and cold places
- PSHE – New Beginnings
- PE – Basic Movement skills
If there is anything else you would like to see on our class page feel free to let us know.
Enjoy! – The Year One Team