Assalamu’alaikum and welcome to all Year 1 children and parents for this academic year!
As salamu alaikum Parents and children! It is Ustada Yousef . I hope you are all having a lovely holiday and enjoying the sunshine.
What we are learning this Year/Term
Here you will find our termly newsletter, pictures of any exciting events, as well as news about our class.
Narrative: The Lonely Beast.
This half term we will be using the story ,The Lonely Beast. We will be writing character descriptions, letter writing and short narratives.
This half term we will be focusing on numbers sense (numbers within 20)
Year 1 Staff
Assalamualikum, my name is Ustadah Ammana Yousef, I have been teaching for seven years, five years in Early Years and two in KS1. I am looking forward to working in Year One this year inshaAllah.
Please let us know if you have any concerns or questions.
Latest Year 1 News
– Year 1 assembly on Road Safety
Assalamualikum Welcome back to our second half term, Subhanallah how time has flown! The year One staff would like to thank all the children and parents for a smooth transition from EYFS to KS1!Literacy This half term in literacy we will be focusing on poetry, our...
Year 1 this term have been developing their skills in drawing, using tone and shading. They started off by looking at the work of the artist Henri Rousseau. They focused on using tones of green to shade a leaf, they then moved on to creating their own...
In DT we have been learning about mechanisms. We have made some moving pictures based on traditional tales.
What can you do to Help?
- Encourage the children to become more independent.
- Please label all items of clothing and book bags.
- Make sure that you check that the children have taken their homework and that they return it.
- Involve your child in real world maths by talking about how much something costs or how many you have. The children will benefit from it in class.
- Please provide your child with a water bottle.
- Please ensure the children start the day with a healthy breakfast.
- English – Narrative, Non-fiction and poetry
- Maths – Counting, addition and subtraction, positions and shapes and patterns
- Science – Identifying Materials
- Computing – E Safety
- Geography – Hot and cold places
- PSHE – New Beginnings
- PE – Basic Movement skills
If there is anything else you would like to see on our class page feel free to let us know.
Enjoy! – The Year One Team