What are we learning this Spring?
This half term in literacy we will be focusing on poetry, our core book book for the term will be ‘Beegu! A picture book about an alien lost an alien host.
Alhamdullilah this half term in History year one will be learning about a muslim explorer Ibn Battuta along with the famous space explorer Neil Armstrong. During the session children will learn about both explorers and then begin to compare their methods of exploration.
In Year One Art sessions children will learn about ‘Sculptures’, children will plan, build and evaluate a sculpture of their choice.
The PSHE theme for this term is ‘New Beginnings’ as a class we will discuss goals, expectations and what we would like to achieve this academic year.
Year one are really enjoying using their ‘Maths No Problem’ workbooks. Over the next few weeks we will be focusing on chapters 4, 5, 6 and 7 inshaAllah. This will include subtraction stories within 10, positions, numbers to 20 and addition and subtraction within 20.
So far we have looked at Respect and Kindness as two characters that a person should have. This half term we will be focusing on Honesty.
What can you do to help?
- Please be prompt when dropping your child to school by 8.30 latest!
- PE is on a Monday and Wednesday
- Make sure that you check that your child has completed their homework and handed it in promptly (every tuesday)
- Spend a minimum of 15 minutes writing with your child on a daily basis.
- Use the ActiveLearn Bug Club reading app regularly
- Involve your child in real world maths by talking about how much something costs or how many you have.
- Ensure your child brings in their reading folder everyday.
- Please provide your child with a water bottle.
- Please ensure children start the day with a healthy breakfast.