Assalamu’alaikum and welcome to Reception
بِسْــــــــــــــــــمِ اﷲِالرَّحْمَنِ اارَّحِيم
Assalaamu ‘alaikum Reception
Welcome to the first term of the new school year!
We hope you are excited to be in school and ready to do lots of learning.
Reception Newsletter Autumn 1 2022
Assalaamu ‘alaikum all, Ustaadha Afrah, Ustaadah Shah and the reception team have been busy setting up the classroom and looking forward to welcoming both the children and parents/carers to the first term of the new year on Tuesday 6th September 2022!
This term the topic will be ‘Ourselves and our families’. Through this topic we will be covering the seven areas of learning in the EYFS curriculum: Communication and Language, Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World and Expressive Arts and Design.
We will be exploring the topic through the core book ‘Peace At Last’ by Jill Murphy.
The children will engage in a variety of different activities to develop their understanding of themselves and their families such as; self-portraits, family portraits, sensory games and role-play.
How you can help:
- Bring in any books related to the topic that we can share in class
- Go to the library and choose books to read with your child around the topic
- Talk to your child about family and the people in your family
- Spend some time making a family tree
- Discuss different emotions and what your child feels
- Talk to your child about what we can do when we feel certain emotions
- Encourage turn-taking and sharing
- Encourage your child to eat with a spoon or fork
- Encourage your child to tidy up after themselves
- Encourage your child to dress independently and clean themselves appropriately after using the toilet
- Please ensure that your child is punctual and arrives at school promptly. Gates open at 8:15 and school starts at 8:30 sharp.
- Dismissal this half-term will be at 12pm, please ensure that you are on time to pick up your child.
- Uniforms will be checked on a daily basis, please ensure that your child is wearing the correct uniform
- Please do not send your child to school in shoes with laces as this can be hazardous
- Children must bring their bag to school every day with their reading records and reading books.
- Show and tell will happen every Monday, please lookout for further announcements as to when it is your child’s turn
Children will recite Surah Al Fatiha every day and will learn Islamic etiquettes i.e. giving salaam, saying JazakAllahu khair and reading duas for eating/toilet etc.
Please bring back books that have been borrowed regularly, so your child can take a new book home. Reading records must be signed for children to receive a new book on Thursdays. Homework will be given out on Fridays and should be returned by Tuesday.
We are always in need of small boxes, tubes, yoghurt pots, small plastic bottles, ribbons and materials for our junk modelling. Please bring in anything you can find at home.
Your child will be spending time outdoors each day regardless of the weather. Please ensure that you provide them with a waterproof jacket with a hood.
Some children do have accidents during the day and we sometimes need to change their clothes. Please ensure that you bring in a complete change of clothes in a bag with your child’s name on it.
We look forward to working with you and your child this year. Please feel free to talk to any of us if you have any problems or queries.
-The Reception Staff
My name is Ustaadha Afrah. This is my 2nd year at Iqra Primary School. I am excited to be teaching in Reception this year and look forward to meeting you all inshaaAllah. If you have any concerns please feel free to contact me.
Assalaamu ‘alaikum my name is Ustaadha Shah. I am looking forward to teaching in Reception this year inshaaAllah. If you have any concerns please feel free to contact me.
Latest Reception News
We have been settling well into Reception and are becoming more and more familiar with the routines. We are all keen to impress our Ustadahs and be awarded star of the day! We have been exploring all the different parts of the classroom and outdoor spaces. We love to...
Reception Summer 2 AsSalamuAlaykum all, Ustadh Khan and the Reception team are happy to welcome all the parents and children to the final half term of the Reception Year. This half term, the topic will be ‘Minibeasts’. The topic will cover all seven areas of learning...
This term, the Reception class have been reading the book 'Handa's Surprise' by Eileen Browne. Handa puts seven delicious fruits in a basket to take to her friend, Akeyo. But as she walks, carrying the basket on her head, various creatures steal her fruits. When she...
How You Can Help
- Bring in any stories or books related to our topic that we can share in class.
- Go to the library with your child and read stories related to the topic.
- spend some time talking with your children about their school day.
- Encourage child to eat with spoon or fork and clean their own plate after eating dinner.
- Encourage your child to dress up independently/clean themselves appropriately when using toilets
- Spend some time talking to children about personal hygiene
- Spend some time talking to your child about looking after their belongings
- Please ensure your child arrives promptly at school everyday, gates open at 8.20.
- Dismissal for EYFS is 3.20, please ensure you are on time to collect your child.
- Children must bring in their school bags everyday
- Correct school uniform will be checked on a daily basis, please ensure your child is in school wearing the correct school/PE uniform.
- Please do not send your child wearing laced shoes, this may cause an accident.
Show and Tell will start each Monday. Please remember to check dates for when your child will take part. And please rehearse at home beforehand to make the session as beneficial as possible.
Homework is handed out every Friday and should be returned by Tuesday. We do keep a record of homework and reading, so please be punctual in completing and handing in homework. Homework is a very important aspect of learning in EYFS, please ensure your child completes homework regularly.