Assalamu’alaikum and welcome to all reception children and parents for this academic year!
Welcome to Mars Class – Reception!
Asslamulaikum (wtb) Parents and children! My name is Ustaadh Umer Khan, I hope you are all have a lovely Summer break, I am looking forward to meeting you during home visits this September.
What we are learning next Term
We will begin the first term with the topic ‘Our Wonderful Selves’ – without core book ‘Harry and the Dinosaurs Start School’.
I’m Ustadh Umer Khan this is my first year of teaching and I am really looking forward to it. We are always happy to welcome in children, meet their families and promote a love of learning here in the Early Years Department at Iqra.
Latest Reception News
Our book for this half term is 'The Selfish Crocodile' by Faustin Charles, the children have all contributed to our Selfish Crocodile display, which has all sorts of jungle animals- lions, deer and of course crocodiles, are only some of the animals you can spot here!
The children investigated around the playground, looking at evidence of the changing weather, they gathered some leaves and discussed why they think the leaves are falling, and why they have changed colour.
Reception class have been taking full advantage of the weather.. so much so that we moved our entire classroom (and planned activities) outdoors, children were extremely excited to carry out their own chairs and resources and set up in areas they had...
How You Can Help
- Bring in any stories or books related to our topic that we can share in class.
- Go to the library with your child and read stories related to the topic.
- spend some time talking with your children about their school day.
- Encourage child to eat with spoon or fork and clean their own plate after eating dinner.
- Encourage your child to dress up independently/clean themselves appropriately when using toilets
- Spend some time talking to children about personal hygiene
- Spend some time talking to your child about looking after their belongings
- Please ensure your child arrives promptly at school everyday, gates open at 8.20.
- Dismissal for EYFS is 3.20, please ensure you are on time to collect your child.
- Children must bring in their school bags everyday
- Correct school uniform will be checked on a daily basis, please ensure your child is in school wearing the correct school/PE uniform.
- Please do not send your child wearing laced shoes, this may cause an accident.
Show and Tell will start each Monday. Please remember to check dates for when your child will take part. And please rehearse at home beforehand to make the session as beneficial as possible.
Children will recite Surah’s Fatiha-Masad every day and will continue to be trained in basic Islamic etiquettes, for example greeting one another with Salaam, saying Jazakhallah khair. This half term they will learning the names of different prayers, Fajr, Dhur, Asr, Maghreb and Ish’a. They will also taught the different prayer positions such as sujood, ruku etc.
Homework is handed out every Friday and should be returned by Tuesday. We do keep a record of homework and reading, so please be punctual in completing and handing in homework. Homework is a very important aspect of learning in EYFS, please ensure your child completes homework regularly.
Links to help learning at home